A one month old baby was on Friday burnt to death in a hut at techo ward in Layibi division when fire gutted the hut in which the baby was sleeping.
The parents of the baby identified as Okot Patrict and Laker Fizz said the fire burnt the mattress in which the baby was sleeping on.
The Chairman LC1 for Layibi Division Mr Lacan Kwite Acellam when contacted said that the incident is a sign of negligence which could have been avoided.
He sounded a warning to parents saying that authority will take serious steps on perpetuators of child abuse.
This brings to three the number of children burnt to death in their houses since January. In the other cases a mother left her sleeping child in the house in kirombe whilst she went to a disco but came back and found that her child had been burnt to death.
In March, a similar incident occurred in limo sub ward in Laroo Division in Gulu municipality where a child also died, then prior to the Layibi incident; again fire destroyed three little lives in Awor parish, Patiko Sub County. Observers said that the incident was a result of a domestic wrangle. By A Web design Company
By A Web design Company